We have talked about why does chrome use so much ram in the previous article.
There are many reasons that result in chrome use so much ram, multiple chrome processes, too many Chrome extensions running, opened a large number of pages or Chrome’s Cache needs to clear… then cause high CPU usage.
If Google Chrome ran out of memory, then the ‘ not enough memory to open this page’ error will occur when open new page tabs.
How to solve the not enough memory to open this page error?
1. Close Page Tabs and Disable Google Chrome extensions
When closed the unnecessary page tabs and disabled Chrome extensions, Google Chrome will use lower memory. The following is the Chrome extensions page, disable these unnecessary extensions to save memory.
2. Clear the Cache of Chrome
For the speed, Chrome cached some files, so Google Chrome use so much ram. Clear the cache of Chrome helps to free some memory used by Chrome.
Steps to clear the cache of Google Chrome
- Select More tools, then click Clear browsing data to open the panel.
- Select the Cached images and files option.
- Then select a time option. Such as All-time or Past hour or Past day.
- Press the Clear data button.
3. The other to decrease the memory used by Chrome is to turn off Hardware Acceleration.
4. You can also use Task Manager to restart Chrome to solve google chrome high CPU usage.
The above solutions should be able to solve the not enough memory to open this page error.